Richard N. Tooley, M.D. has earned board certification through the American Board of Surgery generally surgery by the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery. He is a practicing surgeon since 1995 within the broad section of general surgery, including colon and rectal surgery, breast surgery, pancreatic and biliary conditions, soft tissue surgery, colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, and laparoscopic surgery.
He provides a laparoscopic method of colon and rectal surgery and nissen fundoplication. He also performs stapled hemorrhoidopexy instead of a wide open hemorrhoidectomy, that is a technique that’s connected with less postoperative discomfort along with a faster recovery.
The finest reward like a surgeon is understanding you are able to provide health restoring care that may enhance the quantity and quality of the patient’s existence and creating lasting relationships with patients.
Education & Professional Experience
- School Of Medicine: The College of Michigan School Of Medicine, 1988
- Residency: St. Frederick Whim Hospital-Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1994
- Colon & Rectal Fellowship: Mayo Clinic-Rochester, Minnesota, 1995
- Munson Clinic-Traverse City, Michigan
- Northwest Michigan Surgery Center-Traverse City, Michigan
Travel, camping, backpacking, and family activities